Advertisement

Faeq Biria

topic posted Wed, January 28, 2004 - 11:24 AM by  Lo-Fi Princess
Share/Save/Bookmark
Has anyone ever gone to study with Faeq Biria in Paris?
Advertisement
  • Unsu...

Re: Faeq Biria

Sun, February 8, 2004 - 5:07 PM
    I have studied with Faeq a few times and HIGHLY recommend going to Blacons (the location of his intensive in southern france). I most recently studied with him for a week at the Arsha Vidya Gurukalum, last Oct, and was in Blacons with him for three weeks in the summer of 2001. This trip was immensely useful in preparing me for studying with the Iyengars in Pune this past summer.

He will be teaching in LA this spring. I tried to get him to come to our insitute here in SF but his schedule was not permiting.

But there is nothing that compares to going to blacons. It will be some of the most intense yoga you will do (eight hours a day) but it will take your practice to a completely different level. His teaching is rich and of profound depth. He has incredible knowledge that is a blessing to be exposed to.
    • Re: Faeq Biria

Tue, February 10, 2004 - 11:51 AM
      Yes - my teacher is going there this summer for 5 weeks. I don't think I am ready for that though... even 4 days would kill me! She is even preparing for it with great care.

Is it easy do you know to go to Paris and take a few classes with him? He doesn't seem to have a web site...
      • Unsu...

Tue, February 10, 2004 - 2:01 PM
        It's very easy to get to. You would fly into Paris and then take the train to just south of lyon. From there you can either take a taxi, expensive, or a bus ride.

If you write to Faeq at his studio in Paris you will recieve the info you need. He does not have a web site.

His address is:
        Faeq Biria c/o
        Centre de Yoga Iyengar de Paris
             35, avenue Victor Hugo
             75116 Paris

5 weeks is a lot but she will love it. I went for the first three weeks when I went and there were people there durning the first week who had never studied yoga before. Faeq is one of those teachers that can teach a class that is assesable to both the novice and the most advanced at the same time.
        • Re: Faeq Biria

Tue, February 10, 2004 - 3:24 PM
          Wow - thanks! I will write him. That's what my teacher said to do as well. She's studied with him a few times before.

People who have never studied yoga before go to him as well? Does he charge for the intensive course in Lyons? (Hmmm, I guess I could just ask my teacher these questions, but I am sure others would be interested).
          • Unsu...

Tue, February 10, 2004 - 4:40 PM
            Let's just say that compared to an intensive in the US it's much cheaper. My three week stay was around $650 for classes. This didn't include my room and board. All together for three weeks it was about $1100. Not bad for three weeks of intensive inward journey in a beautiful location!

Good luck!
            p

Recent topics in "Iyengar Yoga"